The following is to be agreed to by all IACTM Accredited Coaches, Therapists, Mentors and Trainers:
(For Trainers, the world “client” can be exchanged with “student” in all points below)
1. I will always act ethically and respectfully to support the professional relationship with my client.
2. I will take great care in creating a positive and professional environment which respects the client and their personal values.
3. I will honour all points stated in any verbal and/or contractual agreement, which has been agreed upon by my client and I. I will ensure that, prior to or at the initial session, my client understands the nature of my work, the bounds of confidentiality, financial arrangements and other terms of any agreement between them and I.
4. If I am expected to provide feedback or a progress report to the commissioner of my services, where this commissioner is not my direct client, I will always remain honest and never disclose private matters which have been expressed to me in confidentiality by my direct coaching client.
5. I will protect the confidentiality of my clients, unless it is legally imperative that I make a disclosure or have been given written permission to do so. If I find myself in a situation, in which I clearly do not have the skills appropriate for the situation, I will bring closure to the situation and make an appropriate referral.
6. I will at all times strive to recognize personal issues that may impair, conflict or interfere with my performance or my professional relationships. Whenever the facts and circumstances necessitate, I will promptly seek professional assistance and determine the action to be taken, including whether it is appropriate to suspend or terminate my professional relationship(s).
7. I will accurately identify my qualifications, expertise and experience as a Coach, Therapist, Mentor or Training Provider.
8. I will do my best to ensure that my client leaves in a resourceful and alert state at the end of each session.
9. I will be responsible for setting clear, appropriate, and culturally sensitive boundaries that govern any physical contact that I may have with my clients.
10. If I believe the client would be better served by another Coach, Therapist, Mentor, or by another resource, I will encourage the client to make a change.
11. I will respect the client’s right to terminate the session/program at any point during the process. I will be alert to indications that the client is no longer benefiting from the session/program.
12. I will do my best to model and integrate the knowledge that everyone has their own best answers to any of life’s challenges within them.
13. I promise that as either an IACTM Accredited Coach, Therapist, Mentor or Training Provider, I meet all the criteria for accreditation as laid out on the relevant membership web-page.
My signature below represents that I am in agreement with all 13 points above and that I am committed to their implementation in my work.
Email a signed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a PDF version below: